Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Literary Junkies





I haven't linked up with these girls in quite sometime. I am actually doing Meg from Semi Charmed Life Autunum Book Challenge. I just finished 2 books actually.

Ps I'm on my phone so I will link up the button. :)    

This month's link-up questions:

1) What are you currently reading? Tell us a bit about it! 

I just finished Go Ask Alice (again) and Letting Ana Go. 

Both are "anonymous" diaries. Alice is about a young girl who gets addicted to drugs and Ana is about a girl who has an eating disorder. Both are told through journal entries. 




2) What are your five most recent book purchases?
1. letting Ana go
2. Where the heart is 
3 11/22/63 


3) Have you ever named/nicknamed anything (person, pet or thing) after a character? Who and why?

Well my car's name is Blanche. Haha. 
She doesn't act like the character from Streetcar Named Desire 

4) If you could live in one book, all of its characters and in the town, which would it be?
Probably in England durning Pride and Prejudice. I just love Mr. Darcy and I have been told I act like Elizabeth sometimes. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. 

5) Can you think of a book you read that taught you something concrete that you've never forgotten? Tell us about it.

I can't really think of anything. I'm not a big self help book person. 


These are the books I'm also reading for the book challenge I stated earlier. You can reread 3 books. 

5: Read a book that does not have "the," "a" or "an" in the title. 
Letting Ana Go
10: Read a book that has been featured in Oprah's Book Club. This list includes all the books up until 2010. (Submitted by SCSBC13 winner Erin. 
Where The Heart Is 
10: Read a book that takes place in the state where you currently live. If you do not live in the U.S., read a book that takes place in the country where you live. (Submitted by SCSBC13 winner Megan.)
The Wedding Dress 
15: Read an epistolary novel, which is a book written in letters, emails, diary entries or other documents. See this Goodreads list if you need an idea, but make sure it's actually an epistolary novel first! Goodreads lists aren't verified, so non-epistolary books could have snuck their way on there.
(Go Ask Alice) ( reread)
15: Read a book first published in 2013.
the moon and more 
15: Read a book with something spooky in the title. (Submitted by SCSBC13 winner Bev.)
Dollhouse Murders 
20: Read a book with "air," "water," "earth" or "fire" in the title. (Submitted by SCSBC13 winner Gypsi.)
The Earth, My Butt, And other big round things ( reread)
20: Read a book on which a television series has been based (e.g. Orange is the New Black, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, Friday Night Lights, etc.).

Pretty Little Liars book 1 
25: Read a fiction book that has someone’s first and last name in the title (e.g. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Bridget Jones's Diary, etc.).


megan meade's guide to the mcgowan boys


30: Read two books by the same author. They can be in the same series, but do not have to be. Co-authors do not count (i.e. the author must be the sole author of each book). 

Haven't picked out anything 


35: Read a fiction and nonfiction book about the same topic. (Example: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and The Woman Who Wasn't There are both about 9/11. I'm planning on doing a whole post with a list of ideas soon, if you care to submit any!)

11/22/63 and haven't picked out 

John F Kennedy's assassination 

No comments:

Post a Comment