So today I started the Overcome the Lie 40 Day Challenge!! It is amazing how God moved last night in the twitter party!!
The question today in the devotional how much does God love me?
It makes think of last year. Last year at this time I was an angry, sad, depressed, anxious etc girl. I let others define who I was not my heavenly Father. And the thing is GOD, My Father in Heaven, Elohim meaning strong one, plus many more still LOVED ME!! He loved Kaitlyn McCoy Carlton, sinner, broken, anxious, depressed, angry ME! etc.
He loves me for who I was back then even tho to me I was unlovable. He cared about my hurts, struggles, my anxious heart, me being depressed, etc. He worried about me like my parents did even though I cared less about them. Because it was all about me.
I believed all the lies Satan told me. I was never going to be loved again. My family did not care about me. My friends did not care. The only person that mattered was Satan and his lies.
I was in a pit of despair. But I finally got out of that pit. Thankfully with much healing.
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
So now as I look as the past year I see so many things God has definitely had a hand in.
1. I have a better relationship with my family.
2. I have an amazing boyfriend of almost 6 months in 11 days. Who loves me for me. Who does not yell, get angry with, make fun of me, who loves my family as his own, loves being with me, who says I love you, and so much more.
3. An amazing group of women in AL bloggers
4. My amazing out of state blog women ( WHO I WILL MEET ONE DAY!!)
5. Overcome the Lie Women
6. My friends who did not leave when last year was rough.
So much more. So I will leave you with this. This song I know is overplayed. But it is so true.